Sunday, July 11, 2010

Losing Weight: Progress Report


I am pleased to report that I have lost 7 lbs in the past 2 weeks! Which is 4 lbs under my pre-pregnancy weight. Only 6 more lbs to go before I reach my goal of 125. Then I'll re-assess to decide whether I need to lose more or not. I don't look great when I'm tiny - I have short stumpy legs & am flat-chested so I look best with a few extra lbs to make me appear more proportional.
I have lost this weight by eating between 1200-1300 calories daily. It can be difficult at times to stick within that range but I'm still able to have chips, dessert, etc. If I'm planning to have a big dinner I cut back during the day so that I won't go over my allotted calories. My snacking system works out quite well for this, since most of my snacks are under 200 calories. I also measure *everything*. Guesstimating is far from accurate & it messes up your running total. I don't have a food scale yet so I'm doing my best w/measuring cups & counting out individual pieces (for things like snack foods). Sparkpeople.com has been a huge help in keeping me on track. I've made it one of my homepages & I visit it frequently to input any foods I've eaten. Sometimes I put in everything I plan to eat for the rest of the day to see how much leftover I have for chocolate, chips, etc.
I like calorie counting because it doesn't cut out any food groups. Nothing is off limits, you just need to eat smaller quantities. It does encourage you to eat healthier because healthy food is usually much lower in calories. One pitfall would be all the super-fake, processed food thats low-cal but quite bad for you. I try to avoid that & concentrate more on smaller portions of real food.
As far as working out, I've been stretching & doing light yoga but I think my body is finally ready to start something a bit more strenuous. I will make a post about it when I start an actual routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment