Monday, July 19, 2010

Food: Fajitas

This isn't something I normally make but I had leftover tortillas from the black bean quesadillas & an extra steak so fajitas sounded like a nice change of pace. It really was so easy & tasty that I think its something I'll have to make again soon.

For the steak, I cooked it ahead of time, let it rest & then cut into long strips. I then squeezed on half a lemon & used cumin, chili powder, onion powder & cilantro to season (I plan to experiment w/other seasonings though. Think the next batch will have more zest. Perhaps a bit of chipotle?)

I sliced up a green pepper into long thin strips, an onion into strips as well, and sliced some mushrooms. I heated up my cast-iron pan and added 1 clove of garlic, peeled but not chopped. Once garlic has browned, remove & throw in green peppers. Stir occasionally. When they start to brown, add the onion. I did the mushrooms in a separate pan but you could prob add them after the onions have browned if you want to have less dishes to wash. Once the onions are close to done, add the meat. Cook until heated through. Keep pan covered until ready to serve.

Warm up tortillas separately. Top with sour cream, cheese, salsa and/or guacamole.

Yes these could end up being high calorie but if you keep the toppings light it should be less than 400 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment