Monday, July 19, 2010

Food: Black Bean Quesadillas

I got this recipe out of Women's Health Flat-Belly Fitness Guide book (the kind that's on the newstand next to the magazines). This tastes like something you'd get from Chili's & my BF has requested that I make it again (and he can be kind of fussy). And like everything else I make, its really very simple.

1 can of black beans, drained & rinsed
1 can of diced tomatoes with green chiles
2 T. ground cumin (sounds like a lot, I know)
1 clove chopped garlic (or 1 t jarrred)
4 fajita-size flour tortilas (I like the Mission Homestyle ones)
1 c. low-fat Mexican blend cheese

In a large skillet, cook black beans, tomatoes, cumin & garlic until liquid dissolves, stirring occassionally. (If you get impatient, feel free to pour some of the liquid off instead of waiting for it to evaporate.) Place folded tortillas on a plate, unfold & cover half with the bean mixture, top w/ 1/4 of the cheese. Fold the other side of the tortilla over the beans & cheese.
You can either broil these for 3-5 mins, flip then cook for 1-2 mins, watching carefully or cook on a cast-iron skillet (which is what I prefer).
Makes 4 servings.

Each serving is approx 330 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment