Tuesday, March 30, 2010

My HG Hair Products

I never used to fuss much with my hair. I still keep things pretty simple. But I have come across some amazing products (mostly drugstore) and I would like to share them with you. NOTE: I have straight fine-to-medium hair, color-treated, usually just a bit past my shoulders.

My HG shampoo is Cristophe Purely Natural Daily Shampoo. It's sulfate-free (I went sulfate-free several years ago), leaves hair feeling clean yet not at all stripped. Holds volume quite well. Can be found at CVS.




My HG conditioner is Biolage Conditioning Balm. I use this for every wash on the ends & also all over when I need a deep conditioning treatment. This doesn't weigh my hair down at all.




This is a recent discovery. I'm always trying new volumizing products & saw that this had great reviews. Now I don't use this for volume as much as texture. This gives *amazing* texture. The piece-y, almost beachy look that I have always wanted to acheive. Doesn't build-up or weigh hair down.



My HG serum is Pureology SuperSmooth Smoothing Elixir. It's amazing stuff. Doesn't weigh hair down at all but smoothes & protects it. I use it mainly on my ends. A little goes a long way, which is great because it's not cheap.


My HG hairspray is Got2Be Smooth Operator Smoothing Hairspray. Nice scent, strong hold & brushes out easily. Much less sticky than other hairsprays. Great for finishing too.



My HG heat protectant is TRESemme Heat Tamer. Hardly any scent, doesn't buildup or weigh down hair.



My HG finishing cream is John Frieda Sheer Blonde Dream Creme. Pretty sure it's discontinued in the US. Hopefully my bottle will last a long time so I don't have to worry about finding a replacement.



Lol. No this is not a mistake. This is my HG dry shampoo. Even though I have medium brown hair this works much better as a dry shampoo than any other ones I've tried. The trick is to get a bit on your fingers, then rub into your scalp, approaching from the underside of your hair. Works great to soak up any oil & adds amazing volume. TIP: If you have any extra oil on the top of your hair, take a fluffy blush brush, dip into loose face powder, tap off excess & then lightly brush over top of hair. With either one of these you can use a hairdryer for a minute if you are worried there might be any residue.



My HG haircolor is Revlon Colorsilk in Medium Rich Brown. This is about 2 shades darker than my natural shade. I love that this doesn't smell harsh & my hair is left feeling better than before I dyed it. I've been using this for several years now. I used a few of the different medium brown shades but I like this one the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment