Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Movie Review: The September Issue

I had been looking forward to watching this for a long time. Movies about the magazine industry (How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, Devil Wears Prada, the upcoming Beauty & the Briefcase) have been very popular with women & an actual documentary on the subject was a no-brainer.

This follows Anna Wintour & her staff as they put together the September issue of Vogue. It shows them going to fashion shows, picking models, doing photo shoots & doing *tons* of editing. I was impressed by how artistic some of the photoshoots were & wished I had picked up that issue of Vogue when it was out.We really get to know Grace Coddington & how wonderful she is. Anna Wintour is actually much more approachable that you would think & it's cute how sweet she is when she's with her daughter.
Now I don't normally read Vogue (because its much more high-fashion than I can relate to) but after watching this I immediately went out and picked up the latest issue.

I would give this 4 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment