Friday, May 7, 2010

Magazine Review: People StyleWatch May 2010 - Jessica Simpson

Sorry it took me so long to review this. Not sure what's been going on with me recently. I've also given up on some tv shows that I had been watching from the beginning (Gossip Girl, Private Practice, RHoNYC, etc). Anyway...
I consider this a monthly must-get. I always find inspiration, whether its individual pieces or celeb outfits. The beauty section is usually decent as well.
Looking at the Fashion sections, the Under $100 spread was on sailor-y pieces. I'm currently huge right now(8 months pregnant) but I'm considering getting the striped top since its such a classic piece. The Best Cargo Pants for Your Body - not sure I agree with their pick for pear shapes. Not sure cuffed & loose would be good for me. I'm thinking it would make me look very stumpy. Quite a few pages of swimsuits, organized by types (flirty, classic, chic, under $100) and includes accessory options. Not much about body type though. Also a short section in the back about how to Look Cute While You Workout.
For Beauty, the 100 Beauty Secrets article was ok. Think I picked up a few new ideas. The categories cover makeup, skin, hair & nails. The Beauty Look for Less is Rachel McAdams wearing natural shimmery pinks. Another thing that has been getting a lot of attention is the topknot & its mentioned in this magazine as well. Does seem like it would be a bit difficult to pull off though.
Get this issue!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment